History of our church

1898 until Present

On the last Sunday of June 1897, in the Live Oak School (when it was next to the present Grange Hall), a small group of interested Christians joined in worship to organize a church in Morgan Hill. Twenty-three members from fourteen families officially formed our church on January 22, 1898.

Our first church building was on the southwest corner of Dunne Avenue and Church Street. By subscription and volunteer labor, the church was completed at a cost of $1,200.

Our first elected leader, was Milton R. Beach who was ordained in 1904.

Ten years late, in 1914, the church building was moved to what is now First Street to get away from the noise of the railroad.
 
In 1957, our church became so full that the leaders made plans to relocate to the present site on the corner of Dunne and DeWitt Avenues. On June 27, 1965 the church held its first service on their new location. Since then the congregation built out the facilities, which includes a sanctuary, office building, Christian Education building and multi-purpose fellowship hall.

In Spring 2011, construction of the new church offices and Family Life Center was completed. This new facility houses our youth group and other worship and fellowship groups throughout the week.