On the last Sunday of June 1897, in the Live Oak School (when it was
next to the present Grange Hall), a small group of interested
Christians joined in worship to organize a church in Morgan Hill.
Twenty-three members from fourteen families officially formed our church
on January 22, 1898.
Our first church building was on the southwest corner of Dunne Avenue and Church Street. By subscription and volunteer labor, the church was completed at a cost of $1,200.
Our first elected leader, was Milton R. Beach who was ordained in 1904.
Ten years later in 1914, the church building was moved to what is now First Street to get away from the noise of the railroad.
In 1957, our church became so full that the leaders made plans to relocate to the present site on the corner of Dunne and DeWitt Avenues. On June 27, 1965 the church held its first service on their new location (corner of W Dunne & DeWitt Avenues). Since then the congregation built out the facilities, which includes a sanctuary, office building, Christian Education building and multi-purpose fellowship hall.
In Spring 2014, construction of the new church offices and Family Life Center was completed. This new facility houses our youth area, conference room as well as space for other worship and fellowship groups throughout the week.
In 2020, the congregation voted to change the name of our church to Grace Hill which we felt collectively to be a better representation of our desire to represent God's grace and love to our community.